Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Spring Fever

Today's warm (40s) weather was a welcome respite from this long, cold winter here in the northeast. It was enough to get me outside by late afternoon to wash the salt off the car and start cutting up the dozens of white pine branches that fell during the last ice storm. I should have known better than to start work on it with my bare hands. After an hour, my palms were black with pine sap.

I made more progress than I thought I would with a simple bow saw and a pair of loppers. I would have done more, but many of the branches are still buried in 6 inches of snowpack. I'll probably be at it again tomorrow, when they're predicting even warmer temps.

Sadly, my cat of 14 years is near the end of her days. She has lymphoma, and she recently took a turn for the worse. The vet is coming to the house either Monday or Tuesday. Grief can be exhausting. I won't go into much detail here except to say she's been the best cat I ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment